Sona Tovmasyan was an intern at Quality Tech Lab and the career journey brought her to the current position – she is a Software Testing Engineer. While recalling the very start of her career Sona is sure, every single person can achieve great results in terms of hard work, self-growth, and self-education.
Sona has shared a few pieces of advice on how to develop the skills and to have professional growth.
- “Lessons Learned in Software Testing” is one of the most important books in Sona’s life. “One can just open any page and find a piece of useful information. There is a deep educational content on every single page”, Sona says.
- YouTube – There are dozens of tutorials, masterclass videos, and professional content on Youtube, and all are absolutely free. Sona assures that it is possible to learn so many tips and lifehacks on Youtube.
- Inspiring masterclasses and meetings with the gurus of the field. Sona remembers a training held by Ilari Henrik Aegerter, a testing guru and one of her favorite professionals in the field. “I was listening to him and thinking that I want to be as confident as he is. Such people motivate and make you learn and work more to achieve your goals”, Sona states
- Learning foreign languages – Sona advises mastering English as it is a must-have in the field.
- Sharing is caring – Sona says that it is important for her to share her skills with others. Sharing gives her a stimulus to learn more.
Stay tuned for more tips and advice coming soon from our team members.